- Insurance must be verified prior to our session if you wish to bill insurance. Please email me with your Plan ID Number and your DOB
- I accept workers comp, and auto claims.
- Package rates available for those paying out of pocket.
- MODA, Kaiser Permanente, CHP, Pacific Source, Cigna, Providence, United Health Care, and some Regence BCBS policies.
- For other insurance, I provide a super-bill for you to submit to your insurance for reimbursement.
Frequently Asked Questions
What conditions can acupuncture treat?
- Physical symptoms such as; back pain, knee, neck, and shoulder pain, arthritis, headaches/migraines, stiff tendons, joint issues, tennis elbow, carpal tunnel, TMJ, plantar fasciitis
- Emotional imbalances; depression, moodiness, irritability, grief, anxiety, heartache
- Digestive Disorders such as; Irritable Bowel Syndrome, constipation, diarrhea, bloating, heartburn, acid reflux
- Low energy and fatigue, lost libido, impotence
- Women’s Health; menstrual irregularities, PMS, an-ovulation (lack of ovulation), infertility, pregnancy, menopause, sexual dysfunction, postpartum depression
- Allergies and Asthma
- Detoxification and Addictions
- Skin Disorders; acne, eczema, psoriasis, shingles, rashes, dandruff, rosacea
- Sleep Disturbances; Insomnia, nightmares, night sweating, nocturia (night time urination), restless sleeping
How long does it take to get results?
It is highly unusual for me to treat a patient who claims to feel NO different after their session. Everyone responds differently to energy work and it is possible to get amazing results in just one session. One could expect a chronic condition to require several consecutive (weekly sessions) to treat the condition fully.
What should I expect during treatment?
Every patient is different and one’s experience depends on the style of the practitioner, whether the practitioner is aggressive or gentle, what condition is being treated, and the connection (or lack of) between patient and practitioner . It is my suggestion to find an acupuncturist with whom you feel very comfortable whom you genuinely like. Trust in your practitioner will make for a more efficient healing process. An acupuncture session can be painless, relaxing, and enjoyable.
Does it hurt?
Acupuncture does not have to hurt. It depends on the style of the practitioner. You will feel sensation but it is described more similarly to a heavy ache, throbbing, or slight pinching sensation. Sometimes these sensations are felt throughout the entire body and not just at the insertion sight. This is the sensation of qi (energy) traveling throughout the meridians.
find a qualified acupuncturist near you, read practitioner bio’s
find a nationally licensed acupuncturist near you
articles and research on acupuncture and Traditional Chinese Medicine
great animal care and Dr Nell, who utilizes acupuncture on animals
Wild Feminine - Tami Kent
Wild Creative - Tami Kent
Daring Greatly – Brene Brown
The Web That Has No Weaver – Ted Kapchuk
Spiritual Midwifery – Ina Mae Gaskin
Molecules of Emotion – Candace Pert
The Hidden Messages in Water – Emoto
Love Thyself – Emoto
Nonviolent Communication – Rosenberg
The Fifth Sacred Thing – Starhawk
The Mastery of Love – Don Miguel Ruiz
Healing With Whole Foods – Paul Pitchford
Lame Deer Seeker of Visions – Lame Deer
Medicine Woman – Lynn Andrews
The Way of the Peaceful Warrior
Creative Visualization – Shakti Gawain
Vipassana meditation and silent retreat
Tami Kent - holistic pelvic care
New Earth Mystery School – online classes – many tools to help us remember who we really are
Virtual - one on one and group breathwork sessions and other coaching
Guided meditation and tools for shifting
Erin Gallagher – MA Integral Counseling Psychology
Abby Buchanan – Intuitive body work thru deep tissue, prenatal, and pregnancy massage